Personalized addiction counseling is designed to identify the challenges and goals specific to the individual, and to develop a comprehensive plan in order to achieve balanced and happy living. Our approach is self-empowering and client-focused, providing the support, encouragement, education and evidence-based tools to help you take control of your thoughts and behavior. Whether you are seeking science and evidenced-based modalities, 12-step support, non-12-step approaches, holistic modalities, or a combination of approaches, we can provide guidance and expertise to meet your individual needs.
Our primary focus is based on a learned model of addiction, not the disease or moral model. We specialize in a cognitive-behavioral methodology which is an active, structured, treatment that has been proven to be highly effective with a variety of addictive behaviors. These methods often produce lasting results in a limited period of time, teaching practical coping skills and strategies to help you overcome addiction.
Common themes in individual counseling:
- Increase awareness through mindfulness techniques
- Effective tools to combat Post-Acute-Withdrawal Symptoms
- Education on Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT) options
- Identify how to manage urges, cravings, and triggers
- Learn skills for overcoming anxiety and depressive thoughts
- Develop coping strategies to manage unhelpful thoughts, moods, and behaviors
- Implement cognitive, emotional and behavioral techniques to build and maintain motivation for enduring change. By changing how you think, you can change how you feel and substitute new behavior for lasting change
- Acquire healthy and effective communication skills for improving relationships
- Engage in written exercises, growth activities, and other forms of behavioral training in order to gain proficiency and self-empowerment to actively use new skills in “real-time” experiences.
- Gain insight on available resources and community support programs
Realize Recovery offers Standard EMDR therapy as well as a specialized protocol for addiction; Desensitization and Urge Reprosing (DeTur) for our clients. This service is provided because of the frequent occurrence of substance abuse as a method to numb and escape from our traumatic experiences.